Education For All Fund
Please select your country & currency. Donations are tax-deductible in the country selected.
This fund is designed for donors who believe in the transformative power of education and who want to improve educational opportunities for all children and adolescents. Charities in this fund work to increase access to education and promote literacy, numeracy and other life skills that create self sufficiency and improve overall wellbeing. Based on the disparities that girls face in enrolling in school, this fund invests specifically in the compounding benefits of enrolling girls in school and improving learning outcomes for all students.
Education is a powerful tool that can change the trajectory of one’s life. Additionally, the benefits of education extend beyond individuals to enrich communities and society as a whole. This is reflected in the life-changing impact education can have on a young girl’s life. Research has shown that providing education for adolescent girls can help reduce early marriage and teenage pregnancies, strengthen girls’ agency and participation in their communities and empower them to make leadership decisions both within and outside the household.
While access to free public education is often taken for granted in affluent nations, it is far from guaranteed in poorer nations. UNESCO estimates that over 244 million children globally were out of school in 2021.
Despite efforts to increase access to education, many students in low-income countries continue to struggle with basic reading and math skills. This lack of foundational knowledge can have long-term consequences, make it difficult for students to access higher education and gainful employment and ultimately limit opportunities for economic and social mobility. Out of school rates are disproportionately higher in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, particularly for adolescent girls. In many developing countries adolescence can be a particularly dangerous time for girls, as they are at increased risk of child marriage, teenage pregnancy, sexual violence, malnutrition, and exposure to HIV/AIDS. Schooling is a strong deterrent to all of these risks, making access to school critical at this stage.
We believe that everyone deserves affordable access to education, no matter the circumstances into which they were born. Our Education For All Fund aims to provide opportunities for education to underprivileged communities, help build their foundation of skills and abilities and improve their overall future opportunities.
The charities supported by this fund pursue evidence-based, cost-effective interventions that help:
- Increase access to education for vulnerable groups including girls and working children.
- Improve literacy and numeracy outcomes for students.
- Cultivate valuable life skills such as leadership, economic independence and personal health management.
Read more about the impact of the Education For All Fund.
Currently, funds raised will be evenly distributed among charity recipients.
Our Giving Strategy
Our charity evaluation framework explains why and how our team identifies and evaluates recommended charities. Our framework seeks to be:
- Focused: We focus on problems that are important, tractable, and neglected amongst people living in extreme poverty.
- Adaptive: We consider a wide range of solutions and organizations with diverse strategies to achieve impact.
- Practical: We identify the most cost-effective charities, and encourage the greatest number of people to donate.
- Data-driven: We draw on the best possible evidence available to estimate the impact of each charity.
The Education For All Fund helps advance educational interventions that:
- Increase learning access, which can help to reduce poverty and promote children’s wellbeing by providing them with safe spaces to learn, grow and flourish.
- Improve learning outcomes, which can lead to better academic performance, higher graduation rates, and increased economic opportunities.
- Ensure equitable access to education for girls, which can help to break the cycle of poverty and promote gender equality by providing girls with opportunities to learn and succeed along with their male counterparts.
Our research and evaluation team works to recommend high impact investments. Contact us if you would like to know more.
- Matias Nestore – Associate, Research and Evaluation
- Anna Demant – Advisor, Research and Evaluation
- Katie Stanford – Research & Business Intelligence Manager